Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

Stop to fuel up and my 2009 vw cc wouldn't start. It turns

Customer Question

stop to fuel up and my 2009 vw cc wouldn't start. It turns over but sounds funny sort of hollow sound, pulled plug and its wet with fuel. I dont think its getting any fire
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car was running fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

The sound might indicate that the cam belt has stripped teeth and now it's no longer turning the camshaft.

The only way to tell is to undo the top part of the cambelt cover. Crank the engine and observe if the belt is tuning.

This should answer you question but should you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin.