vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I just purchase a 2008 vw jetta that was wrecked in front

Customer Question

I just purchase a 2008 vw jetta that was wrecked in front but it will act like it wants to start then shuts off with a pop noise. When I put key in ignition I do not see engine light nor immobilized light. Can you help?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

1. do you have vag com scan tool to scan for codes?
  2. have you inspected the intake for cracks ?
  3. pic of the damage will help out

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My mechanic check all of that. He thinks its something electrical because it starts and shut off immediately. Then when the key is the engine light does not pop up on dash nor does the immobilized as well. He tried to check code with a regular scanner and it would not read.

ok i do need a vin # ***** can you take a pic of the cluster when the key is on?

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Attached is the vin number and dash board
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello earlier I attached the dash pic n wondering what did u come up with?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I sent a pic of the vin and picture of dash while cluster was on yesterday morning