vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

P0018,p0420,p0430, what are these codes saying, check engine

Customer Question

p0018,p0420,p0430
JA: Huh?
Customer: what are these codes saying
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: check engine light is on,so i hook up diagnostic tooland it gives me these codes
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The VW Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: check for foul plugs,leaking vacume hose ,it good
JA: Is there anything else the VW Mechanic should be aware of about your VW?
Customer: 140,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need some more information.

1. i do need the vin # ***** the vehicle to know what model and engine that I'm dealing with.
  2. any recent repairs performed on the vehicle?
  3. any recent accidents or heavy suspension/road hits recently?

please let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
vin#wvgdg77l75d007827 . no major repairs ,just bought it a year ago
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

please double check the vin # ***** shows invalid