vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My window is not going up or down. it was taken apart by a

Customer Question

hi my window is not going up or down. it was taken apart by a auto repair place and they never put the door panel on right or connected it and now window on drivers side wont go up or down its not the regulator how do I reset it towork
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2012 vw beetle I had my windows busted out took to a place to fix he took window out and door panel and disconnected the wires from door panel and door and switch. I towed it back home and had glass replaced here by a glass company (drivers side ). the installer said he tried reconnecting it and its no power to put windows up and down we tested it there is power but the buttons to make window go up or down is not working . window stuck half way down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

is the door panel still off? if so can you take a pic of the door wiring so i can have a look see and then also is the connector connected at the body near the door hinges?

thanks