Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

2011 VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI The front consule 12 volt power

Customer Question

2011 VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI
The front consule 12 volt power adapter 20 amp fuse blew.
This also stopped the odmeter in the cluster from working. Everything else in the cluster worked.
Replacing the 20 amp fuse -- both worked again.
Question:
Is the odometer tied into the 20 amp circuit that feeds the front consul 12 volt adapter?
Do you have a circuit diagram?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

to assist i need the vin #

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
3VWPL7AJ7BM648857

here is the diagram for the outlets with all standard equipment for your car. the odometer is not tied with the fuse!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang