Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

I have a 2011 jetta tdi after car is at operating temp can

Customer Question

i have a 2011 jetta tdi after car is at operating temp can shut car off then try to start it after going in somewhere and car will start and die some times it will start up on second try sometimes it take a few times
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when the car is cold starts right up but if it is warmed up it will start and die a couple of times then start and run fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer,

This is a very hard thing to say just what the fault is. There are a few possibilities that can cause this behavior.

1. Ignition switch

2. fuel filter

3.Crank shaft sensor

4. Immobilizor

5.Battery

Vacuum pipes/ or a bad intake manifold gasket or intake pipe

The way to really tell is to get the fault code. I do have to menssion that at times the fault code will not reveal some of the problems as these kind of faults does not trigger a fault code. The vacuum pipes, fuel filter and cranks shaft sensor are the ones not always causing a fault code. The crank shaft sensor operates in a very hot area causing the wiring spool inside the sensor to get deformed and then the sensor is sending a weak signal to the ECU causing the ECU to cut the engine to protect it.

I do hope you find this information of assistance should you need more please do not hessistate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin.