gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

2013 Passat TDI SEL heater not working

Customer Question

2013 Passat TDI SEL heater not working
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 10 months ago.

You are talking about the auxilliary heater in the air ducts, that heats up the system before the engine gets hot? Or do you never get heat, even after the engine is warm?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Very little warm if I keep A/C off.... Which doesn't work very well in Florida...

So you have the A/C switch on to keep the windows from fogging, but have the heat set to the highest temp, if I understand what you are saying about the A/C? And you still get no heat? You should have supplemental (electric) heaters in the air ducts to warm up the air, as a diesel engine does not heat up very quickly. It's also possible that your temperature flap motor is not working properly. If you turn the fan speed way down so it doesn't make much noise (maybe have the engine off too, and just the key to accessory position) try switching back and forth from hot to cold, and see if you can hear the flap move back and forth. If necessary, you can get under the dash area from the driver side, and access the flap motor and remove it and see if it operates.