vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I am aznan. i got a beetle 2.0cc. year 2000. auto. Right now

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. I am aznan. i got a beetle 2.0cc. year 2000. auto. Right now its dead due to clutch couldn't engage 1st gear. I am trying to restore its inner look before a major workup on the transmission next month. So after dismantling the car seat front passenger, I found the car front seat passenger wired which i believed is the airbag cable. But i couldn't find the end connector to disengage. it seem the end wired is fixed to the side of the seat lever and couldn't even get to see where it ended up. Thats my issue. hope you can bright me up with an easy solution.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to disconnect to the wire under the passenger front seat. Didn't see any connector of some sort. the wire run from the floor under the seat and the end under the seat goes into the the lever.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 10 months ago.

All of the seat connectors should be mouted to the bottom side of the seat. If it is the airbag wiring, it will typically be yellow wires- and should end in a yellow connector. Is there a splice connection anywhere, where someone may have eliminated the connector due to poor connection? Is it possible you have aftermarket heated seats?