gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

My name is ***** ***** I have a VW Jetta GLI 1.8 Turbo the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a VW Jetta GLI 1.8 Turbo the EPC light came on and I loss power
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I lose power when driving have to stop the car and shut it off for a little bit then start it again then it is fine had to do it 4 times today
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

The best way to know for sure is to scan it for faults. Autozone or other large chain parts stores will do this for you for FREE, post them back up in this thread and we can narrow down the causes. A 1.8T can have a number of different things that could cause this, so it's best to know the faults rather than throw expensive parts at it.

When you update this thread it will let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took car to AutoZone I have multiple error codes PO 171 PO three to 7P2404P0135P0420P0332 PO 300 PO 301 PO 303 PO 302 and PO 23267
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the car to AutoZone and got a bunch of error codes they are :
P0171
P0327
P2404
P0135
P0420
P0332
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0302
P2637
P0638
Please let me know thanks
EPC light comes on then I lose power need to stop shut car off then restart car light goes off.
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I think you have a couple different issues here- the misfire faults, knock sensor faults, and O2 sensor faults, I think are caused by the main issue, which seems to be two-fold. You have an intake air leak, making the system lean- also a failure in the EVAP system, which leads me to believe that your leak may be the N80 purge valve (do you have problems starting the car after filling up with fuel?)

I would start the car, open the hood, and listen for any hissing air leaks. Start at the rubber "Y" pipe at the end of the valve cover (remove the plastic engine covers) and inspect the PCV system, that rubber Y or the s curved plastic pipe below it, also a couple of hoses right under the intake manifold area.