Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Ok so I have a 02 Jetta and have problems with the car. It

Customer Question

Ok so I have a 02 Jetta and have problems with the car. It will not start no power on fuse 32 34 43 power on relay 409 cuts off as soon as I hook it to the panel any ideas on this
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need more information please . i do need the vin # ***** get the factory repair information of your vehicle. second when you turn on the ignition does the check engine light come on in the dash?

please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does when I take the 409 relay off and put it back on it turns the pump on for a second then it shuts off that's the normal cycle but after that it will never come on unless we take it off again
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

but when you just turn on the ignition like you are going to start the car the light is on or off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Light it's on
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok i do need a vin # ***** !!

also do you have a scan tool to see what codes are stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes the vin # *****
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

is fuse 29 good and do you have 12 volts on both sides of the fuse? please use volt meter!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11.66 volts
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

while cranking do you have 12 volts on fuse 28?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power on all fuses except 32 34 43
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok then you need to look in back of the fuse box the same wire powers 28 powers 34 and 43 and you need to find the issue of that same wire!! its a blue wire. on the relay plate you will see a #87 to a threaded lug make sure that is tight if so you need to trace that wire from the relay plate to the fuse box!! then you will find your power issue!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do tomorrow and let you know what came up thank you
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

my pleasure!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lost power on fuse 28
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok what did you do ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing no power this morning I have checked it all day but no power to it
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok then do you check the threaded 87 on the relay panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked the currency on the relay panel and fuse I have current on 8 and 9 from the relay fuse gets power for two seconds then shuts off and never gets it back
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

can you look at the battery fuse box to see if there is any melt down ? pic would be nice so i can see

thanks