vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Phaeton heater fan blows strong few seconds then slows down

Customer Question

Phaeton heater fan blows strong for a few seconds then slows down and makes a knocking sound 15 seconds later
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

ok the blower motor is in the cowl area in the center .if you remove the cover and have a second person inside to start the car and blower motor and you look in there to see if there is any obstructions

a pic in the area for me to see would be great

let me know