vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I'm ***** *****. I have a 2005 New Jetta (2005.5?) with

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****. I have a 2005 New Jetta (2005.5?) with automatic climate control (doesn't have 1-4 fan settings; you just set the temp digitally). I bought a new blower motor resistor, as I believe it is the problem. I've accessed the blower motor and even have removed it. I guess the resistor is not as easy to find as in the models without automatic climate control. Any clue where to locate the resistor? I'm stumped.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Please refer to the info I just typed. Thank you!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Ok i can help you out i will show you 2 different options it comes with the white one pictured is located to the left of the blower motor still in the passenger side floor board part of the dash it has a tab you slide to the side to remove it and the other one i have posted it build into the cover below the blower motor held onto by 2 small screws i hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback /rating for the help provided thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The information you supplied me is for vehicles with simple fan controls, where you turn the fan to setting 1, 2, 3, or 4. It was easy to find that info online. As I stated, my vehicle has automatic climate control. The resistor is very different, cost me $140, and I can't find where the heck it is in my Jetta. Uhhhhgh. Now it just cost me an additional $28, and I've learned nothing. Dang.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a 2005 New Jetta, 2.5, fuel injected. I pulled the blower motor, model #F983228M.
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Send me the vehicles vin # ***** I'll check my repair Manual online tomorrow while at the shop I won't leave you hanging

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a 2005 New Jetta, 2.5, fuel injected. I pulled the blower motor, model #F983228M. Vin #3VWRF71K45M638350
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay busy day at the shop i did some research on the resistor we as vw sell the resister as a built unit into the motor not separately thats why you cannot find the part .I hope this helps