vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

My son had s 2004 VW Jetta in. They replaced the timing

Customer Question

My son had his 2004 VW Jetta in for repairs. They replaced the timing belt, put in a new water pump and fixed the air... Said it was the relay switch and a thermostat? All in all it cost 1800.00 when he got the car home the air didn't work but he said the car was driving great. When he brought the car back to have the part replaced for the air he picked it up and it was driving horrible. He says it revs to 4 rpm and picks up speed slowly. He brought it back to Firestone and they told him there was nothing wrong. Referred him elsewhere to have his transmission looked at. The other place hooked his car up and ran the diagnostics and said transmission was fine. Reset the lights that were on and told my son it may be a calibration problem between the accelerator and something else. Well today his EPC light came on. What could have happened?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

Ok do you know if the battery was unplugged when the work was done ???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 year ago.

OK more then likely the basic seeing for the throttle body where lost when the battery was unplugged you're then likely have triggered throttle body faults thats why the eps light has came on , what will need to be done is have the faults erased and have the throttle body basic settings re-adapt it but this will need to be done with a vw capable scan tool a generic scan tool will not do it . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback/rating for the help provided we as experts rely on this for our feedback thank you