gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I need to wire an AZG coil with an AWP wiring harness. I

Customer Question

Customer: I need to wire an AZG coil with an AWP wiring harness. I have a 2000 VW Jetta2.0 Liter engine that I would like to utilize the 1.8T harness for. I want it for the wideband option, being I'm going to turbo charge the 2.0 Liter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to know what wires from the 4 individual coil pack connectors I will need to terminate to the 6 pin connector on the AZG coil.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — VW Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I see no one has posted the answer you are looking for on this here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.You might be able to get the complete wiring diagram for your vehicle at https://www.alldatadiy.com/.They do charge a small fee but the fee is usually good for one year and covers the diagrams,diagnostics and repair info for your model here.If this is not an option for you let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received an answer, yet I was charged a fee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete,
Has anyone reviewed the question that I posed and come to some form of conclusion ? Do not feel comfortable rating something that hasn't been satisfied

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have myself on this here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

I don't think you are going to be able to do what you are thinking, due to the fact that the ECM controls individual coils on the 1.8T, and one coil with wasted spark on the 2.0- you can't tie ALL the signal wires from the 1.8T together.

Have you considered using the 1.8T head on the 2.0 block? Or going with the Neuspeed supercharger kit for the 2.0?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 2.0/AEG coil uses the waste spark method. The AWP is very much like the 1.8T with the coil pack. Their driver configuration is very much like the coil pack configuration. This swap has been successfully done before and on multiple custom builds. I don't know these individuals personally and cannot find a way to contact them. Most say that any master VW technician should be able to reference a VW/Bently manual and transform the electrical connections into a functioning coil.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant the AZG coil is like the AWP coil packs....
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

So on the 2.0 coil- T6 is the connector, the pins are as follows-

2,3,4,5 are the feeds from the ECM for cylinders 1,2,3,4.

pin1 is ground, pin 6 is the power supply, also feeds the ECM (coming from the ECM power supply relay)

On the 1.8T, pins 2 and 4 on each connector both go to a different ground circuit.

Pin 1 is the feed from the power supply relay, also feeds the ECM

So pin 3 on each connector is the feed from the ECM.