Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

I am trying to figure out a 2009 jetta trunk latch problem

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I am trying to figure out a 2009 jetta trunk latch problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: New latch but un responsive with any switches or key fob.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How does the payment work? is it paypal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Helpful info, the doors and windows all work fine and the remote works with the doors. The lift gate is not working at all. No clicks or anything from the fob, trunk switch, drivers door trunk switch. I can open it with the lever inside the hatch. The vin is 3vwmz71k49m274017 When I installed the new latch the alarm went off when I plugged in the new trunk latch. It must be reading something.
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hi im kevin have you checked the trunk loom in the hinge gap .you will see a rubber boot in gap by the trunk hinges if you pop it out on one end and check inside for any broken wires

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No broken wires there. I did not check the wires yet from the drivers door but will do that in the morning.
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Let me know how you get on

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The door wires look OK too. Is it possible that the larch needs to be programmed? I also know that the comfort control module can cause a few problems in the MK4 cars was that the same on these? I also could not find any info on fuses regarding the trunk lock.
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Im gonna opt out on this one i dont have enough info on your model another tech will help out shortly