Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I recently replaced maf and crank sensor, car started

Customer Question

I recently replaced maf and crank sensor, car started stalling yesterday at highway speeds and runs really rough, along with limited exceleration , it took me a half mile to get up to 60 mph ,the epc warning light and check engine light are on
2002 jetta 2.0
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer .
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

Was a scan test done to the vehicle to see what codes are stored?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for the delay I had to find the paperwork, the following codes came up on this order
P0141- 02 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2
P0139-h02s bank 1 sensor 2 slow response
P0171- system too lean bank1
P0321- ignition/distributer engine speed input circuit range/performance
P0322- ignition/distributer engine input circuit no signal
P0101- mass air flow circuit range/performance
P0134-h02s bank 1 sensor 1 no activity

This scan test is it before the crank and MAF sensors was replaced ? Please let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it was after..
All codes were cleared after replacement and then it started stalling and the check engine and epc light came back on

what scan tool do you have (make and model)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was scanned by auto zone so I'm not sure

ok the crank sensor, did you get the new sensor from the vw dealer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Napa, could be faulty?

possibility though you have also lean bank 1 code . scan tool like vag com or the factory scan tool is needed to see what is going on why the engine is running lean . there is alot info that i need to see to isolate if it is a crank sensor issue or running issue causing this. may be a componded issue also.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
in other words, this is too complicated for this platform?

not complicated just need to have extensive diagnostics with at professional scan tool to isolate. you have 7 codes so you need to see what code is actually causing the issue where other codes are the cause of the main code setting the secondary codes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
VW dealer? Or private shop? Do you have an idea of the cost

prefer the dealer due to experienced and trained techs. the cost will vary depends on what is the root cause !

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang