vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2000 VW Beetle 1.8 Turbo. I pulled into a parking

Customer Question

I have a 2000 VW Beetle 1.8 Turbo. I pulled into a parking space. The space was in a parking lot aisle so they're angled. I pulled into one on my left. I parked and locked my steering wheel by turning it slightly after taking my key out. It got towed. They caused serious damage. They busted my oil pan, and even busted my rear bumper and rear right quarter panel. I've done some work on my car and put new tires. I took it to get an alignment done. They told me I would have to bring it back when they could work on it longer because it was WAY out of alignment. In fact they asked if it had been in an accident. IT HAS NOT. It's so out of alignment that it looks like everything is bent or something. Anyway, my question is this. Could the tow truck have caused this too? How? I'm pretty sure they did. I've never had any problems with this car. I bought it new in 2000, so I know it's history. Thanks, Stacy
Category: VW
Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

what is bent in the suspension?