peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

MY 1984 CABRIO trunk lid will not release and even

Customer Question

MY 1984 CABRIO trunk lid will not release and even whenrelease clip on the luggage cover still cannot pry over top of rear seat back. Please help, john
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try pushing down and pulling up on the trunk lid itself to see if it then opens as your trying to unlock and open it.In some cases the latch can bind and this may help to release it here.If this does not work or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** not work! as all my regular tools and power drill are----- in the trunk! would it be reasonable to cut in half the luggage compartment cover in two to get it off and rejoin with a hinge and perhaps two eyes and a pin?? john

Unfortunately it is hard to say for sure if you did this how this would affect anything here.You might contact a lock smith to see if they can come out and gain access to the trunk.I dont recommend cutting anything as this may cause more issues or be more expensive to repair then it would be to have a lock smith come out and use their tools to see if they can access inside the trunk so the fault can then be located and repaired.

Thanks Pete