Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Need the pin code 2006 vw passat radio The serial number is

Customer Question

Need the pin code for my 2006 vw passat radio
The serial number is *****
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

Is this the radio that came with your vehicle? Did you disconnect the battery and caused it to go into SAFE mode?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the radio that came with the car and yes we had disconnected the battery and plugged it back in and turned it on and it's in safe mode

Have you started the car up? On a 2002 and up, as long as it is the same radio that came in the car, it will not need a PIN code. If you are swapping in a new radio or one out of another car then you need the PIN.

So start the car and let it run, turn the radio on, and it should revert to being coded just fine. It just needs to see the cluster active and sending information to communicate with it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The car has been restarted and running for a week.
The radio is in safe mode and requires a pin.
I was told I could get the pin with the serial number on the radio .
The serial number wa listed above
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 10 months ago.

Check in your owner's manual to see if the original radio card is there- if not, look in the spare tire well for a sticker with the serial number and pin on it.

If neither, then you will have to contact the dealership, tell them you already have the serial number and all they have to do is get you the PIN.

Unfortunately, there isn't currently anyone on JA who has dealership access to get the PIN

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

FYI if you have purchased a second hand radio it has been documented that the etched serial # ***** the electronic serial # ***** be different due to piecing 2 stereo's into one so be beware!!
here is your serial # ***** radio code:

Radio data Serial number: VWZ1Z7E5542814
PIN: 0075

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang