Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Just replaced both fuel pumps on 06 touareg v8.. no power to

Customer Question

Just replaced both fuel pumps on 06 touareg v8.. no power to pumps. I have done this before with no issues. There is a two prong female plug side by side. Could these have been backwards?? Cranks. No start at all. New pumps and fuel filter and assembly. Where do I start??? Fml
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you suspect you may have the wires crossed then you need to start with checking power and ground at the pump. See the steps to do so in the link below. Copy and paste the link to tour browser to open the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20pump%20Jan%209.pdf

See the factory wiring diagrams as well for reference.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuel%20pump%20circuit%20JAn%209.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the diagram was for v6. please opt out i need vw tech here please thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Addtional info.Tested pos. And neg. From fuel pump clips and no power is going to pumps. Tested pumps with 12v and pumps turned on. Also code p0627 is scanning currently. It means fuel pump A control circit/open
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need the vin # ***** the vehicle to assist. thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
VIN# *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MORE INFO.i replaced both pumps because touareg turned off with no start only cranks and after that failed the ear test, meaning pumps were not turning on. also i checked the two 15 amp fuses, both are good. so i replaced the pumps. i tested the 2 pumps i suspected to be bad and they actually worked. that could mean the umps were never bad in the first place.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my original concern about the 2 prong pug is no longer a concern.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
plug**

sorry for the delay . the fuse that you have checked is #10 under the hood fuse box near the wiper motor correcct?

sorry i need you to check fuses 13 14 15 in the underhood fuse box.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
fuses 13,14,15 all are in good health.

Ok with a volt meter I need you to check the voltage on all 3 fuses

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you provide a simple instructional on checking the fuses please

As you see there are slits on top of the fuse. Those are contact points that you can test. So with your volt meter check each side of the fuse with the key on. One lead on kthe fuse end and the other lead to ground with your volt meter.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
all the fuses pass the test, all the fuses have about between 11 and 10 volts with the key turned on