Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

How does this work?
, 2003 eurovan w/ 195k mi; have had

Customer Question

Customer: hi how does this work?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2003 eurovan w/ 195k mi; have had a lot of recent work done as hoping to hang on to it. Electrical, fuel pump, new serpentine belt, and most recently, having a lot of clunking noise and squeeking went for replacement of 2 lower ball joints and a left front bushing. She came back way out of line with the front left wheel at a positive camber that was easily visible from sighting the front of the vehicle. Importantly, we had new tires and alignment job less than 1 year ago and no accidents or explanation for why this front left wheel is unalignable.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: do you work on VW eurovan?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

anytime the ball joint or bushing is replaced the front end must be aligned the odds are before when it was aligned correctly it was with older worn parts and with the new parts in the front end is now at the correct height with the new parts and needs the front end aligned to get the front end withing specs

the camber is adjustable on this with an eccentric bolt/nut to turn and either add or take out camber to get it into spec

anytime front end work is done it MUST be aligned

a front end alignment will correct this issue you are having

here is the camber adjustment procedure

• For ease of illustration, bolted connection is shown without wheel installed.
  • Loosen nut -b-.
  • Turn eccentric bushing -arrow A- with special tool 3252 until specification is achieved.
  • Tighten bolt -a- and nut -b- again as follows: Bolt -a- 60 Nm (44 ft lb)
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer