vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2000 vw Jetta Battery died from lack of use New

Customer Question

I have a 2000 vw Jetta
Battery died from lack of use
New battery now will turn on for few sec and shuts off. Used both keys and both the same.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just relished my dash doesn't light up when I turn the lights on. Not even the numbers on the digital odometer. And my stereo is on safe mode.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer .
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I need you to check the fuses on the side dash. Check them one at a time. Please let me know if that does not come up with anything wrong

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All fuses are all good