gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

2005 touareg VW fuel pump connection diagram or correct hose

Customer Question

2005 touareg VW fuel pump connection diagram or correct hose connection configuration
Category: VW
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Let me know if this helps you. It should contain all the information your looking for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rxss4gacdjbgyy/vwt.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have that diagram already what I need is a better view of how the hoses connect or an in depth detailed schematic. Of the hoses and what they connect with or where they connect right now they Are all apart

let me take a look.. one minute

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I.can take pictures of you would like and maybe you can guide me from there just imagine both pumps are new and in there correct locations I just need to reconnect the system
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You are giving me All of the pictures that are on Google I need real help please I have no problem paying I just want to resolve the issue which is how to reconnect the hoses once the new pumps are in place

no I am not. i have given you pictures that are in alldata. if someone has posted alldata pictures on google, that isn't my fault. I will opt out in case someone has pictures that have never been published by anyone to google. Sorry about that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK thank you
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

The two different pumps have different size quick fittings. The main pump goes on the right side, the transfer pump on the left. Each pump will have a long transfer hose to allow it to pump to the other side of the hump, that hose connects onto a fitting on the pump on the other side. They are mostly self-explanatory- just think of the main line in the center of the pump as being the pressure feed. If you have questions, take a picture and I can help you out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've got everything put together but now the car is stopping and going as if fuel gets thru then stops then more comes thru also gas tank reading empty and it has a half a tank or more

It sounds like one is pumping to the other side, but that other side is not pumping back. They should always have an equal amount of fuel in each side of the tank as each pump moves fuel from it's side to the other, plus the overflow if it reaches over the hump.

What was your original issue with the pumps?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was told the fuel pump was bad which I have since replaced but I was not sure how to reconnect them pumps I got side tracked and forgot which hose goes where there for not wanting to do any further harm I contracted you guys for help identifying the connections to en sure it was done correctly which has not worked out this far and I'm hoping you can help
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Pics of the tops and I'll send pics of the inside next

How much fuel is in the tank? Is it possible to pull the pumps out and check the fittings on the top of them, and take pictures?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Half a tank of gas and we have checked the tops I've sent you pictures of the top of the pump connection recently
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Be sure to look at the added files please

All of the pictures are of the top of the sending unit (and one stock photo of a fuel pump) What I need is a photo of what you are working with, in place, so I can see if they are routed correctly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK will do once I take it a part again