gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I have a 2010 VW GTI 2.0T (CBFA) with a check engine light

Customer Question

I have a 2010 VW GTI 2.0T (CBFA) with a check engine light on and codes P0140, P1114, AND P0147. The 02 sensors are new dealer sensors. Need assistance.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

The p0114 is for your secondary air system. What scan tool are you using to read these? Do you have the ability with scan tool to do output tests like activating the secondary air?

If you still have faults for the O2 sensors, then either you have some damage in the wiring (since it is sensor 2 and sensor 3 on same bank) water intrusion at the ECM, or some other kind of similar issue to do with the wiring, or the O2 sensors are a "red herring" caused by an air leak or something on that bank.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a P1114 not a P0114 code. I'm using a snap on Modis scanner. I also have an Autel DS708

OK- so two faults for the same sensor. If the sensors are new, OEM sensors, then I would look elsewhere in the wiring for an issue- mouse chewed wires, or water intrusion at the ECM

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I checked continuity between ecm to rear O2 sensors, everything is ok there. I checked millivolts on pins 3 and 4 on each O2 sensor and its fluctuating between 55mv to 116mv.