vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a similar problem to the one stated here but my code

Customer Question

Customer: Hi there David, I have a similar problem to the one stated here but my code tells me that my cylinder 2 has a misfire. However, this is a recent sporadic issue and I have changed my spark plugs which did not solve the issue.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a coolant leak fixed recently and thats when the problem started.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

What year, model, and engine do you have?

Is it misfiring all the time, or just at idle? If you have a 2.0 from 99-03 then check your vacuum line to the fuel pressure regulator from the intake just above cylinder 2.