Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

My car continues to stall. We are now on our 4th visit to

Customer Question

Customer: My car continues to stall. We are now on our 4th visit to the mechanic and they cannot find the problem. It stalls after a stop; usually in traffic. No issues leading up to this; no other symptoms.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: They thought it was an oil issue. It wasn't. Then a seal issue. It wasn't. Had the fuel pump sensor replaced today...on the way home from the shop, it stalled again...again after pulling from a red light.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

You do not mention what car you have. Did the mechanic draw the fault codes.

The crank sensor can cause this behavior. The sensor operate is a very hot aria on the engine block and the wiring spool inside the crank sensor become misformed as a result of all the heat. The signal that the sensor then sends become weak and the ECM engine control module cannot read the signal properly and the result is the engine switch of.

Please if you let me have more information we can talk more.

Greetings,

Martin.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a 2011 VW CC. Yes, diagnostics were done and no codes presented.
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Then I would recommend the mechanic replace the crank shaft sensor as they sometimes do not trigger a fault code because the signal is just weak.

Greetings,

Martin.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for the information. That is not the same thing as the fuel pump sensor, correct? Where is the crank shaft sensor located?
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

The crank shaft sensor is next to the oil filter on the flywheel side of the engine. No the sensor read the engine speed and has nothing to do with the fuel system.

Greetings,

Martin.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. I will pass this information onto the mechanic and hope that this will fix this problem because they can't seem to figure out what is causing the stalling problem.
Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Yes I can understand it because from what you describe they did the correct checks, cars nowadays are not easy to repair, there are so many possibilities that can cause the same behavior.

But I think this should be the answer.

Greetings,

Martin.