vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I'm not getting any voltage back to my fuel pump. Ran

Customer Question

I'm not getting any voltage back to my fuel pump. Ran 12v direct to pump and it works great. replaced the fuel pump relay #372 and still cannot find voltage at the lead or the load side of fuel pump fuse #28. This link describes my problem from a previous customer here at just answer. Followed this very closely but there is no resolution on the post. http://www.justanswer.com/vw-volkswagen/7evhh-volkswagen-passat-motion-fuel-pump-pressurizes-system.html#re.v/446/Already tryed a VW expert here but no reply. Trying again.***** *****
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer Roger. I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wolfgang, thanks for responding, don't worry i will not give you a negative report, no matter if i get it fixed or not, (eventually i will of course) with your help. I respect your expertise and the time it takes to become very good at something we do. I would like to continue on this text thread for now and then if the frustration between us get to be to much, we can decide whether to move to the $50 phone call, or just call it a day at that point. I am trying to save money on this vehicle as I am a DIY guy, but I do not have an in-depth knowledge of circuitry, but I can follow instruction, understand, and do the troubleshooting until it gets out of my tool range and ability. :) So what do you think?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

please consider this dealer diagnosis time is on average $120.00. aftermarket shop rate is at least $80 if they are experienced in vw's . here you have a Master tech that much cheaper and chances that your vehicle will be diagnosed and corrected . please consider this !!