peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My vw eos 08 roof is stuck mid way and will not close back

Customer Question

Hi my vw eos 08 roof is stuck mid way and will not close back up.. what do i do
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the roof is stuck like this but making noise like its trying to move check for any debris in the roof track or any binding or broken components keeping it from closing.In most cases it can be a broken component or debris causing this issue here but the other fault I have seen is a faulty roof control motor that fails.I dont see a manual procedure on how to close this myself here so this will have to be inspected/tested and repaired to locate and correct the fault here then from there repaired.

In some cases if you disconnect the battery then reconnect it this may reset the system and allow it to close then.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete