rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have 08 VW Jetta 2.0l Turbo. I am getting a P0011 code.

Customer Question

I have 08 VW Jetta 2.0l Turbo. I am getting a P0011 code. The weird part is I have no symptoms. The car isn't idling rough, stalling or sputtering. It has 120000 miles. Timing belt was completed at 100k. All coils were replaced at 116k. I was thinking Cam Position Sensor is bad because there are no performance symptoms. Just looking for a good place to start.
Category: VW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

That is odd, I think I would test the cam and crank sensors with a scope to see their activity. There may be a slight glitch that just isn't enough to set a code. There may also be a flash update that can cure a false code too, so check with your dealer for that one. See attachment for good readings of cam and crank sensors on a scope.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My expertise and knowledge come from simple motors. I race motocross and constantly work on my own bikes. Simple mechanics I can do. I don't know how I would "scope" it.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Youi need a lab scope and knowledge how to use it.

Thanks Ron