internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.
63512786

2009 VW New Beetle 2.5 L.... my engine lite went on and the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 2009 VW New Beetle 2.5 L.... my engine lite went on and the dealership said I had a frozen thermostat..... they said they had to take off the manifold to replace
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine lite went on... it was below freezing and the car is parked outside. Took it into the dealership today and they said thermostat is bad. To replace it they need to take off the manifold they said to get to the thermostat to replace it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how do I pay... can you tell me what the estimated labor would be and if they are bsing me.......
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  internal88 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.

This job does require to remove the manifold.

The tech will need to do the following:

– Drain the coolant.

– Remove the intake manifold.

– Install the guide tube for the oil dipstick into the cylinder block again and secure it tightly so that no escaping coolant can run into the engine.

– Place a suitable container under the coolant thermostat housing to catch coolant flowing out.

Just to get to the thermostat

Then they will need to fill up the coolant and bleed the system.

According to VW it take 1.7 hours on the book to complete this job. The part is about $50. This job is quite extensive.

Please rate me positive for the prompt service, thank you and have a Happy New year!