Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

08 jetta with 2.0l bpy. Has an intermittent no power when

Customer Question

08 jetta with 2.0l bpy. Has an intermittent no power when key swithed on. Has no comm. Faults for engine,trans,power steering and abs. Also has an intermittent terminal 15 interior fault. Car was originally intermittently stalling. Replaced ignition switch and steering column module (j527) seems to has corrected stalling issue. How ever intermittently nothing happens when the ignition is switched on. No dash lights. No crank
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer .
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

When there is nothing is there a drl light on in the dash. Please let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just the drl light and center display

ok under the left side of the dash is j519 vehicle electrics module. replace both 460 relays and you will be ok then .

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang