Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2000 beetle gearbox noise
, if i up the bug and spin

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, 2000 beetle gearbox noise
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: if i jack up the bug and spin front wheel forward i hear a slight squeaking in gearbox
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

I assume you hear this noise while driving as well?

Can you use a stethoscope to listen to to the brake caliper, hub bearing, and output shaft seal to see if they are to blame for the noise prior to having the gearbox removed and rebuilt.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.