gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

I just put a new head gasket in after blowing the old head

Customer Question

I just put a new head gasket in after blowing the old head gasket (of course I had the head rebuilt), but I have no spark and the epc light is on, are they related
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

No spark is typically a sign that you are missing the crank signal. But an EPC light is an indication that you will have a readable fault, best to check that as it will be the most accurate representation of your problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The starter is turning really slow, I have a new battery, but I am afraid the starter isn't getting enough current to fully engage the solenoid, could this be a factor in no spark

If it is fast enough to turn it should get the signal. You may want to try jumping it.