Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Neal I have a 2006 VW toureg battery drained down so I put

Customer Question

Hi Neal I have a 2006 VW toureg battery drained down so I put battery charger on it the charger now says that battery is 100 %. tried to start it with nothing happening. No lights buzzers nothing. Except my key is stuck. Any suggestions
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i need to know is that did you charge the battery at the battery location under the drivers seat or at the emergency lugs under the hood?

do the interior lights come on in the car when the doors are opened? please let me know thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I charged the vehicle under hood at the lugs. And no interior lights at all there is a clicking sound coming from the dash. ???

ok i need you to gain access under the seat to charge the battery!! you will need a xzn 10 socket to take the front screws off to swint the seat back to gain access to the battery . do you hae the triple square socket?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was able to get those bolts out and lift the seat back

did you get the front out too?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did u mean the cover ?? I did. Also was only able to remove the bolts on front of the seat as there is no power to the seats

Ok on the floor there are 2 trim covers Remove the 2 covers and there is 2 bolts. Remove the 2 then in the back there are 2 trim pieces that cover the track pull both then flip the seat back. The frame pivots to gain access

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok charging battery now

ok let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi. Charger says its charge now I still get nothing. ??? There is a clinking noise coming from the dash ??

If you take the panel down is it coming from the most right module under the dash?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok i need you to disconnect the module . both connectors and then let it sit for 10 minutes and then reconnect. does it fire up?

just checking in to see if you need anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang