Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

My sunroof won't close, it goes forward, then just as you

Customer Question

My sunroof won't close, it goes forward, then just as you think it will close, it slides back open.
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing may be caused by the motor being out of time and you need to Performed Sunroof Drive Motor Adjusting Neutral Position procedure and see if this will solve the problem you are having. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Zero%20position%20Dec%2024.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The instructions reference a closed sunroof, I can't get it to close, HELP!!
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If it will not close on its own then remove the motor and close it and then follow the reset procedure I sent you and see if it will then operate properly.