vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I am having issues with the secondary air pump 2006 rabbit

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I am having issues with the secondary air pump for a 2006 rabbit
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Getting code P2401, P1435, P1432
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

I do need your vin # ***** pull up factory information to assist. thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WVWDS71K86W203440

ok thanks for the vin !!

i do need you to check first fuse f23 underhood fuse box 15a fuse. make sure it is not blown if so please replace and then check for voltage on both sides of the fuse with a volt meter while running to see if you are getting battery voltage.

please let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fuse checked out good and is not blown.

did you check for voltage at that fuse with volt meter ? what was the voltage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did not check using a volt meter as I do now own one.

Even though the fuse is good need to know voltage is good too. That is the next step because that fuse is related to the 3 codes stored. Cheap volt meter is all you need. It will be needed to check the rest if the voltage is good at the fuse.