Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.
7276279

2003 beetle 2 .0 .removing gas gap causes engine to start

Customer Question

2003 beetle 2 .0 .removing gas gap causes engine to start skipping and stall@ idle.Shutting engine Off for adding gas ,then engine only starts after 4-6 tries. After starting engine then runs fine until next fill up.whats going on with removing gas cap ???
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One very common cause for the type of problem you are having can be caused by a sticking canister purge valve. I have enclosed the steps in the link below to test if in fact that is the case. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Purge%20valve%20Dec%2023.pdf