Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 58 plate t5 and the alarm activates randomly after

Customer Question

Hi Chris
I have a 58 plate t5 and the alarm activates randomly after I've locked it . Is there a way of deactivating the alarm until I get chance to check the wiring under the cab floor. Thanks
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

the only way to keep the alarm from going off is not locking your car. you will need a scan tool to scan the body control module to isolate where the alarm is triggering. scan tool will tell you the last 3 times the alarm went off. usually its a door latch but as i have said scan tool will be needed to isolate

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang