peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

We replace our low beams on each side of our 2004 Touareg

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Hello we replace our low beams on each side of our 2004 Touareg and after putting back in the left side (drivers side) headlamp beam is pointing down. we have taken it back out to ensure the bulb was put in correctly and still pointing down. we have turn the adjustment as far as we can to bring it up and still pointing down, any other suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after replacing the low beam headlight on the drivers side the light is facing down in front of vehicle we have adjusted, taken it back out to ensure in correctly and still pointing down
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Double check and make sure the head light is being installed and mounted properly in the vehicle.If there is an issue with the way it is mounted into the vehicle this can cause this type of fault here and will need corrected to resolve this issue.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete