Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I tried to replace the drive axle from the engine side of my

Customer Question

Customer: I tried to replace the drive axle from the engine side of my vw jetta 2008 2.5. I followed some instructions on youtube videos and they tell me that I have to remove the bolts that are holding the axle to the transmission. The problem that I have is that there are no bolts holding the axle to the transmission on my car
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I removed the end that is attached to the rotor, but I can remove the transmission end of it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

you axle just pops out of the transmission..you neeed to pry on the axle with a small pry bar and tap the bearing cup with a hammer,,it will pop out

thanks

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdfxgdq73y167kj/1219-vw-Left%20Drive%20Axle.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/gdfxgdq73y167kj/1219-vw-Left%20Drive%20Axle.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help