vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My 12 v outlets in 2013 passat are not working and I can not

Customer Question

Customer: my 12 v outlets in 2013 passat are not working and I can not find a fuse diagram to figure out which one is for the outlet
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The outlet were working and then weren't. I think it's a fuse, that would be the most likely cause. I haven't had any other is issue except I can't charge my phone. I have a 2013 vw passat tdi
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i do need the vin # ***** assist you on your issue .

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I need is a fuse diagram of a 2010 passat TDI selthanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2013 Passat , not 2010
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

i need a vin # ***** that is how i can get information of your vehicle!!!

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No-you don't need the vin #. Fortunately for me I found a fuse diagram of a 2012 Passat which was almost exactly like mine and changed out the fuse. Wow-it was like magic! The outlets work again! This has been a complete waste of time and money!!! All I asked for was a fuse diagram which I never received