vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have an 04 tourage and just replaced both fuel pumps as

Customer Question

I have an 04 tourage and just replaced both fuel pumps as well as filter and sending unit I went to start and now I am getting a steering defective workshop code help
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

does the vehicle crank and start or just the message

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just message
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

ok i need you to try to charge the battery and then recheck . you have to lift drivers front seat . disconnect the battery . charge the battery and rehook the battery and then try and see if you get it to respond!!! this is a 50/50 chance that it will come back alive!

please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would me replacing the fuel pumps have anything to do with this one other thing I should mention befor I changed the fuel pumps I put the car in neutral and since it would not stay running I pushed it by the rear bumper with my jeep into the garage
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

No relation what so ever. I bet the battery is down on charge