Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

I have the epc light on and the car starts to shake and lose

Customer Question

I have the epc light on and the car starts to shake and lose power.
Category: VW
Expert:  Clayso replied 1 year ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely there are connection problems at the throttle body connector. The (EPC) Electronic Power Control light comes on when there are (DTC)'s Diagnostic Trouble Codes stored in the (ECM) Engines Control Module. The ECM monitors all EPC components after the ignition is switched on. If a malfunction is recognized in the EPC system during the operation of the engine, the ECM switches on the EPC and an entry is stored in the DTC memory of the ECM. There are known issues with the throttle body connector and the link below is a technical service bulletin issued by Volkswagen for repairing the throttle body connector.

Throttle Body Connector Terminal Repair

You can also try cleaning the terminal connectors and fill the connector with di-electric grease.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.