vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 97 vw jetta when I shut the drivers door both

Customer Question

I have a 97 vw jetta when I shut the drivers door both windows on riders side roll down ( power Windows of course)
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

the first thing to check is to see if the wiring to that door is broken or chaffs . due to the flexing of the harness from the body to the door usually the wires break . pull back the rubber boot to see if any wiring is broken or exposed wire(cracks)

please let me know!!

thanks