rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have misplaced set of keys with automatic door key for,

Customer Question

I have misplaced set of keys with automatic door key for, have secondary set. Is there a way to locate the lost keyfob with GPS? That is, is there anything within the keyfob that is connected with GPS that locates that fob? And do I need to have any concern for security if it isn't found relative to that key accessing my vehicle?
Category: VW
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

That would be great if there was GPS assistance, but there is not. The only concerns you have now is if someone does find it and happens to find your car with it. Your only option is to have the security system and key bob re-programmed.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Key fob, sorry.