internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working in the automotive industry for over 10 years. Diagnostic is my strength.
63512786

, My daughter drives a 2007 VW Rabbit which she likes

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Dan,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter drives a 2007 VW Rabbit which she likes but recently a problem started with the shifting (auto trans) between gears. I drove it and it seems that the transmission jumps hard going from 1st gear into 2nd gear. It acts as though it wants to be in 2nd gear before the engine has enough rpms in first gear. What advise do you have?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My daughter bought this 2007 Rabbit with 135,000 miles on it and it shifted very smoothly and normally at that time. Today it has 167,000 miles on it. The transmission fluid stays in the normal range. This hard shifting from 1st gear into 2nd gear does not usually happen when first starting out but after the engine has reach normal engine operating temperature there is often, although not always, a hard lunge into 2nd gear.I will look for your response.
Fred Suter ***@******.***
Expert:  internal88 replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - VW tech.

When was the last time you have changed the transmission fluid?

If you have old fluid in there it could have this symptom .

I would recommend changing the fluid every 35-40k miles at least. You must use VW transmission fluid.

Please let me know.
Please rate me positive for the prompt service, thank you!