vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2002 VW Beetle 1.9 diesel. Has MAP code gh end. I

Customer Question

I have a 2002 VW Beetle 1.9 diesel . Has MAP code high end. I put a new oem in and now it has code MAP low. No change in performance. Any ideas?
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 11 months ago.

Are you having any drivability issues? You are talking about the Mass Air Flow sensor on the airbox, correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
on air tube. I ment MASS air. No drivability

OK- did you use the MAF specified for this engine? I know a lot of people try to save money and put the MAF for a 2.0 in because it is cheaper.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I got the one for the 1.9l

OK- it's possible that your old one was bad, but if the new one is reading low, I would assume there is either an airflow leak somewhere in the system, or there is clogging inside the intake manifold area. Does your turbo kick in OK when you want to accelerate while rolling at normal driving speed? Do you have a manual or automatic transmission?