vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Murray 2001 jetta wont turn over unless i put the horn relay

Customer Question

Customer: Murray 2001 jetta wont turn over unless i put the horn relay in the start relay spot. Then it will start and run but trans stays in limp mode
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already bought a new relay and tried it with the same results
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

i need some more info please .

1. first i do need the vin # ***** the vehicle to get the factory repair information to assist
  2. i do need a pic of what relay and where its location so i can trace with wiring diagram.
  3. any other repairs performed recently?
  4. any accidents before this concern?

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3VWSB69M31M086685 VINBought the car not running there was a 110 amp fuse blown at the battery. Guy said it was running when parked 1 year ago.
then he put new battery and it wounldnt start
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The relay number is *****

pic of the location of 175 relay please?

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
175 is the relay

ok that is the park neutral relay without that the vehicle will not start. a scan test will be needed to see what codes are stpred.

do you have vag com scan tool?