Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

Ok thank you my 2009 jetta the key wont go inside the

Customer Question

Customer: ok thank you my 2009 jetta the key wont go inside the ignition several days it was hard but it finally moved inside now it wont go inside the ignition..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: oh well its a used car .the cover where the ignition is behind wheel is off but its been like that since i bought it. just got a tune up. and it open and lock ok with key
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

what is happening is the door that blocks the opening is hanging up . the abolute fix is a new lock cylinder and steering column lock. sometimes you can free the door by using flat screwdriver with a hammer and tap the door free and then try the key. this is a 50/50 chance on this will work. butwhen it works take it to the vw dealer right away to order the steering colum lock and cylinder.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang