Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a Volkswagen Passat 08 the engine runs rough when I'm

Customer Question

Hi I have a Volkswagen Passat 08 the engine runs rough when I'm sitting at a red light when the car is in drive when I shift in neutral it goes away when I'm driving at normal or high speeds not a problem you don't feel the engine misfiring or anything like that if you have some answers I deeply appreciate that
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

need to know more information.

1. Is the check engine light on?
  2. was the vehicle in any accidents recently?
  3. was there any repair work recently on the vehicle?
  4. how is the vibration if it is in reverse gear and at a stop light?
  5. i do need your vin # ***** pull up repair information .

please let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Check engine light is not on no vehicle accidents no vibration in reverse gear at stop light the only repair work was those parts I mentioned in the previous email my vin # *****

thanks for the extra information . first thing to check is the pendulum mount that is located under the vehicle where if mounts from the subframe to the bottom of the transmission. make sure that the 2 16mm bolts are tight and the 21 mm bolt is tight and inspect the rubber mount to make sure it is not broken or worn to the point when in drive its not overextended causing the busing to ground out and then you feel the vibrations.

next the sme with the other 2 engine mounts one passengers side and the other under the battery tray drivers side. the same check the bolts make sure they are tight.

let me know!!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you I will check

my pleasure

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang